We are excited to launch into a New Year and New Decade! As a church we start each year with a 21 day corporate fast. We have found that during periods of fasting, God meets with us in very unique and special ways. His presence grows greater and greater with each day of the fast. Without fail, He always shows up!
Fasting is a principle that God intended for everyone to be able to enjoy. It’s not a punishment; it’s a privilege! By making fasting a way of life, you can get closer to God and grow in your spiritual walk like never before. Fasting is one of the most powerful weapons God has given us for our daily lives. When you fast and pray, you will see amazing results from God.
Our fast begins Monday, January 6, 2020 and ends Sunday, January 26, 2020. Unity Church’s 2020 theme is “INTENTIONAL”. We pray that you will partner with us in the following categories of the fast.
We are fasting with the WHOLE MAN. We want you to do all 5 focus areas simultaneously throughout the fast.
SPIRITUALLY - I am saved.
- Set aside time each day to pray and read the scriptures that have been outlined each week.
- Listen to worship songs in the morning and evening.
MENTALLY - I am happy.
- Be INTENTIONAL everyday to do something that makes you happy.
- Take Monday mental breaks from social media.
RELATIONALLY - I am loved.
INTENTIONALLY put into action these heart healing steps:
- Forgive anyone who may have offended you.
- Set relational boundaries.
- Spend time and pay more attention to those you love.
- Check on each other (in person, by phone calls, not through social media or texts.)
- Attend worship service to build more spiritual connections.